About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Unexpected Good Things!

They say good things come to those who wait, and I really believe that's true.  Although it may sounds silly to most, today something came to me.  Something completely unexpected!  A good thing, a great thing!

Today I won $800 on the radio.  Although $800 may not seem like a lot, and really it's not, it is to me. I have been so stressed about money, that this gift couldn't have come at a better time.  What did I have to do for it?  Not much but enter a radio station contest online, and wait to hear my name called, then call the radio station within 8 minutes to win.  Sounds easy, right?

Normally, I wouldn't enter things like this, after all I have the worst luck ever.  But for whatever reason I entered this contest, and entered it almost a year ago.  The contest itself ended months ago, and I completely forgot all about it. Today was the start of the contest for this year, 2011.  The first name called was at 8am, and it was MY NAME!  How freaking weird!  Freaking weird in the fact that I would normally be at work at 8am, and although the radio is on, it's background noise and I don't pay much attention to it.  But this morning Seth had an orthodontist appointment so I was in the car at 8am.  Lucky for me!

I totally had that moment where I know I heard my name, was sure I heard my name, but thought there was no way I heard my name.  After all, I know there are other people in Phoenix with the same name, so it couldn't  have been me.  That was until I heard my name from Chandler, AZ.  Oh my gosh, it was me!  I'm not sure who was freaking out more... Me or Seth!  Now the fun part was to begin, trying to call the radio station back within 8 minutes... Yes, I've tried before to get a never-ending busy signal.  Not today!  The phone immediately rang and someone answered within the first 2 rings.  Yes, they answered, they really did call my name, it was me! 

Of course, $800 wasn't the immediate prize.  I had to go the entire day waiting, building $100 at a time.  How lucky am I that most people are probably just like me, have the radio on, but using it as background noise and not paying attention to the other names being called.  $100 by $100... how stressful, exciting and fun, all wrapped up together!  Now, I would have been just as thrilled with $100, as it was $100 more than I started out with this morning, but the excitement of waiting each hour to see if anyone else responds to their name and then waiting for the call from the radio station was almost unbearable.  I had the entire office routing, for ME!

During the day, I did more radio spots than I could count, but it was extremely fun.  I will say that it is very strange hearing yourself on the radio... I realized that I still do have a southern accent, which is ok, just strange to hear... I thought I lost it years ago... A friend told me today that you can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can't take Kentucky out of the girl... So, I'll keep my Kentucky twang...  It's a good thing!

So, all in all, it was a great start to my week. At this point, things can only get better... Am I done wishing and waiting for good things, NAH... (anyways, who says you have to stop at just one)...

One last thought... you may think good things come to everyone but you... I definitely have thought that too many times to count... today I was proved wrong.  Good things come in all different kinds of packages and come to everyone.  Sometimes you just have to wait a little longer... but that's ok.  Wait... and when you least expect it, it will come to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment