About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Perfection-Part 2

Ok, back to this whole perfection-control freak-OCD thing I have going on...  I'm trying to figure out why I am so hard on myself, and why I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect, when in reality, nothing and no one is ever really perfect.  One side of my brain is telling me you're being ridiculous, but the other is telling me to try harder.  Over the past week I have tried really hard to just take a step back, look at the situation, relax a little and try to just do my best instead of always striving to be the BEST.  Sometimes a little adjustment works wonders and is just the thing to put you at the top.

So, my inner struggle has calmed to a low hum, although failing is still not an option, but stepping back, reassessing the situation and relaxing has gotten me over that edge that I was dangling on.  Success was accomplished, with it's share of stress, but regardless, accomplished. 

Who says you have to strive for perfection when in reality your best should be it's own perfection, and with that comes success... Even the smallest things can be changed for the better by making small adjustments and realizing that doing your best is the BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment