About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Friday, January 7, 2011

M.I.A.

I've been MIA the past couple of days.  I have been a little under the weather, trying really hard to get passed it.  For me, this really puts a cramp on my "schedule."  With so much going on daily, between work, school and family, it's important, for me anyway, to keep things on track and not let them stray.  Yes, some people would refer to that as being a control freak, and in some ways, ok a lot of ways, ok most ways, I am a control freak.  Staying in bed all day really makes me feel worse, but there has to come a time when you have to give into what your body is telling you, and today was that day, and who says you have to fight it?  Giving in to being sick isn't an easy task for me.  Especially when it puts a dent into "my time."  Tonight was my monthly massage, the massage that I look forward to every 30 days, like clockwork.  But tonight, I cancelled it, and have resolved that I need to continue to lounge in bed. I figure that if I have any plans to get up and out this weekend, staying in bed is probably what I really need to do.  So here I sit, in bed.  Ughh... this is really hard for me.

All this lounging, with a lot of sleeping, has got my mind wandering...

Thinking about tomorrow and the stress that comes with it.  Tomorrow I will be attending a memorial service.  A memorial for a sweet child who was taken way too soon.  I have been fighting with whether to go, or not go.  I think however that it's very important to support wonderful people dealing with such a terrible loss, and let them know that there are many people out there who feel for them, and are marveled in their never-ending devotion and strength that they are showing during such a stressful time in their lives.  So, I'm sure I'll pick myself up and go.

Thinking about how I need to get up and get back into life, and continue to improve on the personal strength I have found over the past few years.  Although being single and alone has it's moments, being alone and finding myself again has been very healing. And healing at this time in my life is what it's all about...

Ok, enough thinking.  Back to resting so that tomorrow I can face the day and get out of bed and motivate myself back into life and reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment