About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Balance...

Normally, I would prefer to read a book before watching a movie, but who says you have to, so I decided to put my preferences aside, and last night I watched "Eat. Pray. Love."  What a great movie.  Not because the movie itself was good, or the actors were great, but because of the meaning behind it.  This got me thinking, which of course kept me thinking most of the night (which meant hardly any sleep), and thinking well into the day today that I need to Eat. Pray. and Love.  I need to find that inner balance that I am so desperately missing.  I know it's missing, it's been missing for, well, forever.  I just don't know how exactly to find it.

Obviously, going to Italy, India and Bali isn't in my cards.... Italy:  Although the scenery would be amazing, I would starve to death.  Forget the fact that I am not an Italian food fan (and I'm part Italian, HA!), I'm pretty sure their Gluten Free options are non-existent, and vegetables, ICK!  India... I could so handle the praying part, heck, I think I've already been there, but how amazing would it be to have that deep of prayer and meditation, but do I really have to go India to find it?  Probably not.  Now Bali... Oh how I would love to visit Bali... Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful... But if I have to go to Bali to find true love?  I think I'm screwed!

So, how can I combine all three places, here in Phoenix, at home surrounded by my family and friends, and how do I find that inner balance?  I'm waiting for that sign or maybe that sign is waiting for me... At times I think I'm close, or that I've been just about there, but for some reason I can't seem to make it over that "hump", which is a little thing called LIFE! 

Would I give up a year of my life to find it?  Could I give up a year of my life to find it?  Do I have to give up a year of my life to find it?

So, I'm searching.  Deep inside myself for the answers. For the meaning.  For it.  I have no doubt that I'll find it, I'm a pretty determined girl.  So I'll Eat.  I'll Pray.  And hopefully, I'll find Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment