About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Possibilities

We all have those days where our possibilities seem hopeless. We get caught up in life's daily struggles and lose sight of ourselves, who we are, what we have and where we are going.

One of my favorite people is Maya Angelou.  Her words and quotes are so empowering and really make you stop and think about how you view life and it's possibilities.  One of my favorite quotes of hers is "Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily.  If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented.  So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise."

We really do invent ourselves each day.  Today we are not the same person we were yesterday, nor tomorrow will we be the same as we were today.  Each day sets us on a path, maybe not always going in the direction that we thought we would or hoped, but this path defines who we are at that moment.  If we lose sight of our possibilities for today, how can we expect that we won't lose focus on our possibilities for tomorrow?  And if each day we don't invent ourselves, then we leave it in the hands of others to invent us.  Is that really what we want?  Inventing yourself doesn't have to be a conscious decision, something you think about.  It's about believing in yourself, believing that you are special.  Believing that it's your right to be who you are, not what other people expect you to be.  Believing that your possibilities are endless. Believing to believe, to always want, to always strive, to always invent yourself into the person you want to be.

So, "Each of us has that right, that possibility, to invent ourselves daily.  If a person does not invent herself, she will be invented.  So, to be bodacious enough to invent ourselves is wise."

No comments:

Post a Comment