About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Disappointment

Disappointment.... such an ugly word, and yet a word or a feeling that crosses our minds often.  Why do we allow ourselves to be disappointed?  Is it the need to be needed or wanted?  Is it that we are so consumed with the fact that things have to be perfect that we set ourselves up for failure?  But if we never strive for some type of perfection, and never end up disappointed, will we ever truly know what perfection is?  Or at least some sort of perfection? 

But I wonder... do some people really set out to purposely disappoint others?  It seems like I cross these types of people every day, but do they really mean it, or is that just how it is?  And if they aren't purposely trying to disappoint, but do, do they realize that this is what has happened?  Just wondering...  

I know that I am tired of being disappointed, but if I don't try, I'll never really know whether it was true disappointment or the way things were really supposed to be...  And is there really a difference?

Do people think about their actions and maybe how other people are feeling?  And do they really care?  Is disappointment such a common occurrence that no one really pays attention to it any more?  I guess I can't speak for others, but only for myself.  I hope that I don't ever disappoint you or anyone else, I'm sure it will happen at some point, but know that it wasn't meant to. 

Think about it... if disappointment is a part of life, and we have to accept it, then we also have to accept the fact that maybe being disappointed prepares us for something else, something else that was supposed to happen, or in some other direction that things were really supposed to go.

Either way, it's still an ugly word, but a word that I guess we need to accept, at least in some way, because regardless of how much we try, we will eventually be disappointed.  Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment