About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Today Was A Great Day!

Today was a great day!  It was my son's 15th birthday.  I can't believe he is 15 already... seems like he was just this sweet little innocent child and now he's growing into this nice, responsible young man... How in the world did this happen?  It's be a long rocky road, filled with a lot of ups and downs along the way.  Being a single parent surely has it's share of stress, but having these 2 amazing boys in my life is worth all the chaos and stress that can come my way.

Today I picked Seth up for lunch.  He wanted sushi, yuck!  Actually, I use to eat sushi all the time, until one time I got food poisoning, and never again since!  I have tried, boy have a tried, but I just can't get passed it.  I'm sure it's just a mental thing, but it's strong enough to keep me from trying again.  But, it was what he wanted, so that's what he got, and he enjoyed every minute of it!  Then we went shopping, so he could spend his birthday money.  Of course, being a 15 year old boy, he bought himself a new skateboard, a webcam and some stuff for his computer.  Finished the night off with dinner with my dad, which is always the perfect ending to a perfect day.  I love him so!

For a perfect day, it's raining, which in my book, is perfect!  I love the rain, and sad that it only rains here just a couple of days a year.  Looking forward to the "snow flurries" they are calling for tomorrow, although I'm not holding my breath... This is Phoenix after all, land of heat and hell, LOL!

So, to completely end the night, I am finishing up on the computer, watching some tv, and calling it an early night, because who says you have to stay up to an "adult" bedtime, I completely think that 8:30pm is a perfect and acceptable time to go to sleep!  On that note, goodnight and until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment