About Me

My photo
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Who says you have to follow some kind of guidelines in life... On the advice of a great friend, this blog has been created. Seems, some people find my stories, life, and antics very amusing and comical. I'm not sure I would always agree with them, but I am putting it out there for you to decide on your own... About me: I'm a single mom of 2 amazing boys. My life is pure chaos, organized chaos, and somehow works for me. I'm not always sure how I make it work, but it does and gets us through each day, happy to face the next. Sounds a little crazy, and maybe it is, but it's our life. Our chaotic life...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Knowing

Do we ever really know what we want?  Sure, we have some type of idea in maybe a direction, but in the outcome?  And if we do, is it wrong that it changes, many times?  Just as soon as I think I know what I want or how I want something to go, it changes, sometimes in a good way, sometimes not.  I wouldn't call it indecisiveness, because that's not a word in my regularly vocabulary, and I am decisive, but the decision itself is changing.

How is this possible, for me anyway? I know people are ever-evolving, including myself, but shouldn't I have some type of idea at this point in my life?  Things still seem so crazy, but in a calm way.  Can that really be possible, crazy and calm together?  Ok, really anything is possible.  How about likely?  Can they work together?  I guess they can. 

In my life I have realized that anything is possible, and the most unlikely consequences are usually the best ones.  I am constantly evolving, although I don't always see the good in it, but that's only my perception, which in reality is probably pretty screwed up. 

So, back to my original question.  Do we ever really know what we want?  Should we?  Should we have things planned out, or just see what comes?  Should these decisions happen before a certain point in life, or is it normal that I'm still winging it? Is it just me that says I have to have things planned out, and is it ok if some days I think I don't have to? I guess it would be easy to realize that I don't know what I want. Ok, I do, but in an incomplete way, and I guess that's ok.  But, is it really ok?  Jury is still out deliberating...

No comments:

Post a Comment